This website is part of Undergraduate Advising & Learning Communities. We provide undergraduate students a variety of opportunities and services designed to facilitate the best academic experience possible. 609 Goodell Building, UMass Amherst.
Focus STEM RAP Fall 2014
Undeclared and interested in a career in science, technology or a related field?
Focus STEM is specifically designed for undeclared students who are interested in a major and/or career in a science or technology related field.
Interested students should achieve a score of 23 or higher on the UMass Math Placement Test.
When you join this RAP you will...
- Enroll in OASIS, a unique 1-credit seminar designed to help you explore various majors at UMass, with an emphasis on those that are connecting to science, technology and engineering.
- Engage with an academic advisor to identify your interests, strengths, and values as you pursue your academic and/or career goals.
- Share your living-and-learning experience with students who have similar interests.
- Be eligible for enrollment in an Introductory Engineering class during either the fall or spring semester of your first year.
- Be eligible to enroll in an Engineering Department Seminar during the spring semester of your first year.
Through the OASIS seminar you will have an opportunity to learn about the many academic paths to a career in engineering or a related field. You will explore an array of majors, minors, certificate programs and internship opportunities.
The OASIS seminar helps you to identify and refine your personal approaches to learning in a college setting, so you can make efficient use of your study time and get better results. You will also be introduced to the wealth of resources on campus that can assist you with academic, social, and personal issues.
Be sure to visit the How to Join page on this website to learn about the process and important timelines you must follow to become a member of this fantastic program!