This website is part of Undergraduate Advising & Learning Communities. We provide undergraduate students a variety of opportunities and services designed to facilitate the best academic experience possible. 609 Goodell Building, UMass Amherst.
Academic advisors in Undergraduate Advising meet with undeclared students at UMass. Our mission is to:
- offer personal assistance to students in choosing a major and developing a meaningful academic plan;
- empower students with reliable, accurate information and referrals so they can successfully pursue their academic goals
- provide an environment where all students feel welcome and supported.
During the academic year, ANY undergraduate (declared or undeclared) can also stop by 613 Goodell for Drop-In hours, from 10:30-11:30 am and 3:00-4:00 pm. Drop-In Hours take place during academic semesters. If you have questions or concerns, contact the Undergraduate Advising Office.
In the Undergraduate Advising Office (613 Goodell), advisors help students:
- Explore interests, skills and values for help choosing a major
- Select appropriate courses for registration and help navigate SPIRE (registration page)
- Make important academic decisions, such as withdrawing from a course
- Create an academic plan to meet their goals
- Learn about different majors and requirements
- Discuss problems that impact academic success
- Refer students to other UMass resources, supports and opportunities