This website is part of Undergraduate Advising & Learning Communities. We provide undergraduate students a variety of opportunities and services designed to facilitate the best academic experience possible. 609 Goodell Building, UMass Amherst.
Need help with registration? It's always good to see an advisor prior to your enrollment appointment (click here for the Advisor Meeting Checklist to use to prepare for your meeting), to discuss your academic plan and what courses you might want to take in the next semester. Schedule an appointment early - the Undergraduate Advising Office gets very busy!
You may also want to consult any of the following resources:
- UA's Question & Answer: Registration handout covers different points in the semester and what issues might arise.
- Check out How To Choose a GenEd, written by a student for her journalism class.
- Do you have a HOLD on your SPIRE account? Follow this link to find out about Resolving Holds.
- Changing Your Schedule During Add/Drop will help you not lose a seat in a class while tweaking your schedule.
- How To Add A Class guides you through the process of using Spire.
- For Late Course Withdrawl or additions, Credit Overloads, or a Late Pass/Fail option, you need to go to the Academic Dean's Office.
- OIT's Student Self Service Support Center has a wealth of information about how to navigate SPIRE. Check out the video tutorials (click here and scroll down - look on the right)!
- The Gen Ed Planning Guide (make sure you get the form that coincides from the time you entered UMass)is a useful tool (parallel to your Academic Requirements Record, on Spire), and there is a lot more information about UMass' General Education program on their website - click on "For Students".
- Consult the Find Courses that Match Your Interests handouts to help you explore possible courses/ departments you might not have considered.
- To help with your planning, you might want to map out your classes on the Weekly Schedule Grid.